Ghost in a Mirror

It was around 10.00pm yesterday when I was so stressed reading Thermo-Fluid text-book for two hours thanks to the test coming up this Thursday. The laptop was in front of me and while I randomly watching videos on YouTube, I came across interesting video effect tutorials using Adobe After Effect. "Well, this is interesting", I thought. I called my housemate, Zhariq who is well-kwon for his 'why-not attitude' and asked if he is willing to be an actor in my experiment, not to my surprise he nodded (he seemed in a bit tense studying as well I reckon). Then we shoot the action in my bathroom before I had the Adobe After Effect downloaded. The video was basically to create a 'ghost' effect in a mirror by combining two video layers, I'd say it is the very same principal as 'photoshopping' two images except that they are videos. It was indeed more complicated than photoshopping an image because we are dealing with video containing lots of frames (hundreds of images). Since this was my first attempt, I must admit that it was far from perfect mainly caused by the poor ambiguous lighting captured by the cheapo camera I was using, less attention to disturbances such as shadows and of course it was my first time using Adobe After Effect but hey it was just for fun, who cares. So here how I did it :

Video Layer 1 : Zhariq act as a 'ghost'


Video Layer 2 : He is washing his face


Final Video : Combination of both layers


Interesting?

p/s : ni da bosan sgt buat kije xde pekdah cenggini.hahaha

9 comments:

Imran Razali said...

Wah... memang xde keje btul tuh... haha

Anyway, very interesting video... Bile nak ke layar perak lak tuan director.. I wanna join your production team gak... Haha

unknown said...

wow. haha. cool laa. kalo smbung cte dy lg best neh. haha. tabik~

nnt da femes jd director (refer to the prevoius comment) jgn lupe ak tmn lama. haha

Anonymous said...

cool! interesting video!

adia_anarris said...

yup2..agree..video yg sgt interesting..hantu pun cool jek..=p

bleh la come out with video yg lagi besh after this..

LukeHackem said...

imran nak join prod crew?? yeah, right... anyways, syamim, i'm having probs with the after effect install hope you can help me out with that later.. toodles!

Unknown said...

-->Lukehackem : anytime bro

Anonymous said...

haha aku nmpak kesan masking kat cermin tu..cool bai..kena beli hd cam nih..muhahaha

Syamim said...

haha..aku taw.ni la akibat pakai kamera lumix cikai aku tu amek video.xbest langsung.kaler die asek ubah2 je.mmg berkire nk pakai handycam HD.xpon sambar DSLR yg bley amek vid HD.skng ni smakin ber-tambah2 dslr ley amek video.huhuhuhu

Nabihah Sallih said...

adobe after effect mantap betui eh.

bertambah lagi adobe prog nk kena explore nih.